There is a song called ‘En pandhu’ in Grade 1 Tamil text book. It is about children playing with a ball. Here a few short activities that can help the child learn the song in a fun way.
- Each child can come in front of the class and talk about any one of their favorite game.
- Children can draw any one of their favorite toy and talk about it. E.g. ball, doll, car, etc.
- Children can make their toys and tell a story around the toy. E.g. clay toys, paper toys, kite, boats, etc.
Children can talk about their toys. For example,
- Color, shape and texture of the toy
- Varieties (cricket ball, football, ring ball, etc.)
- Why they like it
- Who they play with
- Occasions when they play
- Any memorable events
- The person who presented/ bought/ gave them the toy
Through this activity children can
- Focus on a particular object and talk about it
- Think about various aspects of one object
- Talk in front of the class without fear because it is a known and favorite topic
- Easily connect the classroom with their life
- Enjoy participating in learning activity
Term: Term 1