In our school, Cheddial Government High School, we celebrated ‘World Environment Day’ on 5th June, 2018 by taking some important decisions:
- To make our school a plastic-free
- To plant a minimum of 500 saplings and make it a ‘green school’campus
- To protect the plants and environment inside the school by preventing cattle from entering the campus. Cattle are also not to be tied outside the school walls.
- To stop littering inside the school premises and also remove any garbage thrown inside the campus
- To create awareness among students to segregate biodegradable and non-bio degradable wastes and to dispose it in appropriate places inside the school
- Students celebrating their birthday will not distribute chocolates to their friends, but, will substitute them with healthy food-items like guava, amla, groundnut cake, etc.,
- On the day of their birthday, students will plant sapling in their name inside the campus and take care of it until their time with the school
- Prizes will be awarded to students whose plants are well-maintained.
- To set up a vermicomposting pit
- To set up a herbal/flowering garden
Term: Term 1