Purpose of this project
- To generate curiosity towards the animals they see every day.
- To refine the habit of observation and make students realize its importance.
- To appreciate nature and the environment around us.
Take any of the common animals like –
Dragon fly (தும்பி)
Ant lion (குழிப்பண்ணி)
Observe them for two weeks for its population, food habit, habitats and any special behaviour.
- Divide students into groups.
- Each group must select one animal of their choice. If the class strength is low, each student can select and observe one animal (Teachers can guide)
- Identify the spot in/near your house and school to observe the selected animal.
- Count the number of animals.
- Observing and recording the sounds that animal produce. Eg. An animal produces different sounds in different situations – during hunting, eating, alarm, etc.
- Identifying its habitat.
- Observing any peculiar behaviour during nesting, hunting, feeding, etc.
- Photo documentation/drawing – animal, habitat, food they eat.
- Profiling the observed animals (Find the Animal profile attached)
- Share and discuss all the animal profiles in the classroom
Term: Term 1